Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The safety of our clients, employees and suppliers is a priority.
COMPANY NEWS: Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Tuesday, 10th March 2020
In response to the elevated risks of the COVID-19 virus, F.S. Mackenzie Ltd is monitoring the situation at a global and local level for all F.S. Mackenzie Ltd business units. We are following the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We have instituted the following policies and procedures related to COVID-19.
- Review and re-socializing of the enterprise-wide response plan.
- Prohibit all business travel to those countries on the CDC and WHO watchlist.
- Reinforce the need to follow local authorities’ guidelines and recommendations.
- Outreach to employees with messaging around workplace hygiene, authoritative websites to monitor and sanitizing efforts for our sites
- Encourage employees who are sick to stay home.
Regarding the handling of cargo, both the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have advised that the risk for transmission of the virus via cargo is minimal.