At the heart of our company are individuals that take pride and passion in our customers by offering consistently high levels of customer service.
SEE OUR LATEST VACANCIES
LCL Sea Freight Trainee / Junior
You will be learning and assisting the operators on import and export services as well as assisting on documentation side. This role will be predominately import focused. You will need to be able to deliver high-performance customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and be able to use your initiative and work in an organised manor. The ability to work well both alone and as part of a team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in the freight industry.
Apply today by sending a CV (in PDF format only) through the email address below. No agencies please.
T: +44 (0) 1268 275555
Responsibilities will include those below:
- Booking transport requirements with suppliers / hauliers and work with suppliers to ensure sourcing competitive rates / comparisons and services to meet the client/prospects needs.
- Using the CNS / Destin8 system to issue releases.
- Processing and sending/requesting all relevant documents to/from client (booking conformation/Bills of Lading/ customs clearance documents). Ensuring payments are received.
- Assisting ops by sending weekly manifests for exports and outturn reports for imports to overseas partners when needed.
- Liaising with shipping lines and UK depots to arrange loading and unloading of containers within the free time.
- Loading all jobs onto the system and ensuring all information in system that needs to be.
- Keeping a check on ETAs / container tracking.
- Invoicing out files and passing overseas debit notes and inputting the relevant costings. Working from rate sheets and company tariffs.
- Checking with operations and sales for any agreed rates / specs you need to be aware of.
- Requesting releases / pins from shipping lines.
- Arranging payment instructions to accounts.
- Sending manifests to the devanning depots and split instructions if received whilst in your care.
- Sending NOA (Notice of Arrivals) and invoices for imports and booking confirmations for exports.
- Updating the team once you have completed your part of the file so they can take over.
- Keeping the supplier / shipping lines rates and contact details that you use up to date.
- Notifying your manager and operation team if system warns you a client has exceeded credit limit.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and problem solve.
- Must be a team player.